By Jamie Shelley
While homeowners may face a broad range of property-related issues throughout the course of life, water damage can be particularly problematic. This is the case for several reasons, including the fact that water damage can lead to a mold invasion. Once this happens, the homeowner's property can be subjected to structural damage and all occupants can experience adverse health symptoms. Learn more about water damage and mold damage by reviewing the short outline that appears below:
Water Damage And Mold: Making The Connection
Several household issues can precipitate water damage that then leads to mold growth. Here are several of them:
• Perpetually high indoor humidity. Eventually, water vapor from high humidity will permeate every aspect of the home's structure. This includes the hidden regions of the property where dormant mold spores reside. As such, the Environmental Protection Agency recommends that people keep their indoor humidity below 50% to prevent mold growth.
• Roof leakage. When your roof leaks, you will likely experience water damage in regions of the property such as the attic. Once this happens, mold can start to thrive in this area of your home. In fact, saturated insulation in the attic is the ideal location for mold to grow in. Typically, professional mold remediation specialists will remove the insulation.
• Sewer blockage. Sewer backups send water through the floor drains of your basement. This, in turn, supplies mold spores with the moisture they need to thrive.
• Damp crawl space. When your crawl space is replete with soil moisture, mold can flourish. To prevent this from happening, be sure to install a vapor barrier and keep the area properly ventilated.
• Drips. Plumbing leaks deposit moisture that can trigger mold growth. To counteract this effect, be sure to pinhole your pipe leaks and repair all dripping faucets to keep moisture levels down.
Call SERVPRO Immediately
Water damage restoration is no laughing matter. In fact, it can lead to numerous problems on your property, one of which is mold growth. If your home is subjected to a mold invasion, there's only one company to call for efficient, expedient remediation services: SERVPRO. Our team of IICRC-certified professionals will work with skill and speed to eradicate the issue, and we'll also offer the exemplary customer service that keeps you calm throughout the process. We're ready to assist you immediately!
Additional related articles:
Water: A Nashville Home’s Sneakiest Enemy
Hendersonville Water Damage - How To Prevent Winter Roof Leaks
Preventing Flooding Around Your Sumner County Home
How Should You Handle Water Damage to Your Hendersonville Property?
Water Damage Restoration in Gallatin
Portland Water Damage Information
The Need for Water Damage Cleanup in Gallatin
White House Tennessee Water Damage - Improving Your Home After Suffering Water Damage
Water Removal Professionals